Sunday, November 2, 2008

November Prayer Letter...

Dear friends,

I’ve been in Romania now for more than two weeks. I apologize for the delay in getting this letter to you. I want to thank you all for your many prayers for my time so far. I have been so blessed.
Currently, my main responsibility is language study. I go to the International House, a language school, every day for a total of twelve hours a week. Speaking Spanish fluently has certainly been a big help. It helps with my pronunciation as well as with understanding some concepts of the language that some people who speak only English speakers have a hard time understanding.

I have enjoyed my time here so far. So far I have mastered the metro and getting myself to and from the language school as well as one of the mission properties where some colleagues live and there is a guest house.

My apartment is mostly set up. It has become quite cozy for me and I enjoy coming home to it. This is the first time in my life I have ever had to live by myself. Once I left home for college, I shared a small dorm room with one room mate for one year, and the last three years, I shared a two bedroom, two bath apartment with four other girls. There were five of us in that small space, but thankfully we got along and were (still are) great friends. It’s not often you hear of young ladies sharing such close quarters for so long and still being friends afterwards.

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to participate in some training designed for volunteer coordinators as well as in a team meeting for Team Romania. It was weird going to grown-up meetings and not having an option. I enjoyed the meetings, but like I said, it was strange having to go to the grown-up meetings.

I enjoyed getting to meet the rest of my colleagues here in Romania and am excited to get to know them and their ministries here. This upcoming weekend I will be taking my first trip out of town to spend some time with two couples who work together in the city of Craiova. I will be talking with them about how I can mobilize students for them and how they can strategically use students in their work.

I have found a church to go to and I think I will really enjoy it. I have met a few people there, and hopefully will be able to get involved in some of the University Student ministries in town, one of which is out of this church.

I invite you now to Praise the Lord with me for these things…

-For getting me here safely with all of my luggage
-For a great first two weeks in the country
-For advancement in language

Please join me in praying for these things…

-That I would continue to advance in language, that I would have courage to not only speak it in the classroom with my instructors, but also to get out and use it in public
-That I would quickly find ministries to be involved in
-That I would begin to build meaningful relationships
-For safe travels as I begin to visit colleagues
-For my visits with my colleagues, that they would be fruitful and that the Spirit would be clear as to how students could be instrumental to the work

Thank you again for all of your prayers. I appreciate each and every one of you for being faithful in joining me through prayer.

Love,
Angela

No comments: