Saturday, November 22, 2008

Dear Snow, are you coming or not??

It seems as though many of my colleagues in countries around Romania (Hungary, Ukraine, Poland, etc.) have gotten snow today. We had a "wintry mix" as the weather people like to call it, but nothing stuck.

So I wonder, is God just having mercy on this poor little Texas girl who grew up in the Tropics and holding off as long as He can as far as the snow goes, or is He just saving it all up for one great big huge snow so that I can experience my first real Winter to its fullest?

Just a thought....

1 comment:

James said...

Just a thought…

If it IS God’s mercy holding off the snow, I think it more likely that He is showing His mercy to the hundreds of children living on the streets and in the sewers of Bucharest along with all the other homeless across Romania who are facing yet another harsh winter, and not a poor little Texan girl who grew up in the Tropics. Please don’t get me wrong -- I do not want to make light of your situation. I understand the difficulty of your situation and I continue to pray for God’s strength in your life as you acclimate to your new environment. I just thought I would share a different perspective. I believe God has great and exciting and important plans for you in Romania, plans that will stretch your faith and challenge your level of self-sacrifice. But He hasn’t sent you there alone; His spirit is with you along with all the prayers of the saints. “Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.” Eph 6:10