Saturday, November 8, 2008

Out of Town

I apologize for the lack of activity on the blog, but I have been out of town since Friday afternoon. I am in a city in southern Romania called Craiova, and I'm here to meet with my colleagues as to how I can mobilize students for them.

Yesterday (Saturday) they took me to Draganesti, a town about an hour and 15 minutes away, and I got to see my first Romanian civil ceremony. In a lot of countries (including Central America) the civil wedding ceremony is a bigger deal then it is in the States. It is the equivalent of going down to the courthouse to get the marriage license, but here, only city/government officials have the authority to declare someone married, unlike in the States where ordained ministers have that authority, also.

So the main point of our going to Draganesti was for me and one of the couples I'm visiting with to meet with a Romanian national missionary to see how I can help them to mobilize students. A sister in that town, though, was having her civil ceremony yesterday, so that was just an added bonus. I took a few pictures, which I will upload later. I know I am way behind on picture uploading. That will be taken care of soon, though!

All in all, the trip was fantastic and I am so encouraged by the work and the brothers and sisters I met in Draganesti yesterday. I will post a longer version when I get home, but for now, I just wanted to pop in and let you all know that I'm still alive and breathing. I love you all!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

We got to meet a bunch of M's today that are being commissioned this week at our church. They made Curtis and me miss you so much! Can't wait to see your pics.