Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Way Overdue...

I have been terrible about posting photos on the blog, but here are some that I have taken. I struck out and explored one day. The picture above is of the entry way to my staircase up to my apartment...
This has to be one of my favorites. I think this car was parked here before the ditch was dug. There was no way for it to get out of there. Now, the ditch is filled in, but has not been covered over with concrete again, and the car has a flat. It has been there for at least two and a half weeks now...
This is a pretty flower garden close to my apartment. It is also the street-crossing place and the place where people can wait for the tram. There are pretty flower areas all over the city.
Old European buildings....Love them!
Just a little bit of Bucharest traffic. This doesn't even begin to describe what it's like to be in a car here...
The building on the left is the National Theatre. I'm not sure what the building on the right is, but this is from the day that I struck out and explored a little bit.
The day I explored, I passed by 3 Orthodox churches. I think they must have been having 4 o'clock mass, because I heard liturgy coming from all of them. This one was tucked behind some trees and a fence, so I went through the fence to get a better picture of it.
This is another one of the churches that I passed. I thought it was a cool picture. I didn't go inside any of the churches because they were in service.

No comments: