Monday, December 8, 2008

Woe is Me...and a shout-out to First Irving

I have been without high-speed internet and confined to dial-up now since Wednesday evening. It's so interesting how we get so spoiled with the advances of technology and then once we know how much better "better" is we feel like we are back in the stone-ages when we are thrown back just a few years in the area of technology.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Quick update: I'm actually starting to recognize people now at church and talk and converse with them. I think my visit to the student Bible Study last Tuesday night helped that a lot, since a lot of the students that were there go to my church.

Friday was a beautiful day. I took a nice walk to the mall and back. It is a good 30 minute walk either way, so I feel like I got in plenty of exercise, as well.

I have been catching/keeping up with my pastor's sermons back in the States. It's such a blessing that they podcast them so that I can keep up. After hearing a sermon in Romanian and barely understanding the gist of it, it's nice to hear God's teaching from a voice and language I recognize. I love my church back in the states with my whole heart. I never thought I'd find a church in the States (being in an American church for one year at a time or less every four years was not the best thing for my perception of American churches...) that I would love so much. That body of believers has been one of the hardest things for me to leave behind during this time. There's nothing like being a part of the Body of Christ and having that fellowship. But I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that they support me in prayer 110% and are very very missions minded, and I could not be more thankful for that.

Yesterday my supervisor's wife was able to attend church for the first time in almost 6 weeks. She has had severe back pain and I remember her saying, "it's so good to be here." That's how I felt every time I walked through the doors at First Baptist Irving, especially after being gone for a few weeks. I can't wait for that feeling again in a couple of years. Oh I can't wait.

3 comments:

Murrell Family said...

We miss you, too! Last Wednesday night for prayer meeting we had a mission-focused prayer time and one of the tables had your prayer cards on them...so you have definitely been lifted up in prayer. Love you!

Amanda said...

I'm believing God that the people He surrounds you with in Romania will become as dear to you as the people you left behind in Irving. Love you, Angela!

Janelle and Ella said...

You are very missed!! You are on our minds often and John has even mentioned you by name several times from the pulpit when referencing how our church is mission minded. I hope you are feeling our prayers. We love you!!!