Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Breath of Fresh Air

The Lord knew what I needed, and provided abundantly this past weekend. One of my friends from training, who is serving in Poland, as well as a team mate of hers came to Romania to visit. She came to visit me, and her team mate came to visit a guy that works with us in a city about four hours away from Bucharest.

On Sunday, the four of us took a train up to a town in the mountains called Sinaia. There is a beautiful castle there, but it was closed for tours, so we didn't get to enjoy that. We did, however, take a lift up the mountain to a point where people can slide down the snow on sleds. There are a few restaurants up there, and a hotel. We ate at the restaurant in the hotel, and our meal was delicious. We took the lift back down the mountain in time to buy our train tickets back to Bucharest. The next train out of town was already filled, so we had to wait for the 8:40 train, which was about half an hour late getting in. So, that afternoon, we enjoyed a few cups of coffee and a relaxing time in a coffee shop in town.
For some reason, I used to think these kinds of trees only existed on postcards...Boy was I wrong. The veiw from the lift going up the mountain.

The four of us...L-R Angela, Kaylin, John Mark and Justin.

Me!! It was quite surreal.

I think God is the best artist ever. This is looking across the valley at the mountains on the other side.

A ray of sunshine in a cold, snowy forest.
The town of Sinaia is below.

It felt so natural being with my peers. Perhaps because this was my first social interaction with people my age and in my state of life in over two months. Kaylin and John Mark know eachother from working together in Poland, and I had been in some meetings with Justin when I first got here. It is hard to find the words to describe my experience...some of us didn't know eachother well, but we are all in the same place right now. We are all trying our best to honor God and obey Him, to live our calling and to depend wholly on Him for what He has in store for us.

It was good to know that I am not the only one facing the struggles we all talked about, and I was so encouraged by the fellowship we shared. We talked about what God is doing in our respective places of ministry, and a little bit how He has brought us to where we are.

I am refreshed by the breath of fresh air that the Lord gave me this weekend.

6 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

Wow!! Breathtaking!

The Whites said...

Glad you had a great time. Those are some beautiful pictures!!

Adventures of Clairebear said...

Angela! i just read a couple of your blogs, it was inspiring, and also brought tears to my eyes! Your pictures are amazing! I'm going to go back and read more of you blogs now!

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful to hear from someone who was bold enough to heed God's call to serve in another country.

This is a beautiful place! I hope I get to travel and see it too!

Anonymous said...

This is what I'm talking about. lol MORE Picutres. lol. Not that I don't love reading your post just that I love pictures. lol. Thanks for the post on my site!

Anonymous said...

This is what I'm talking about. lol MORE Picutres. lol. Not that I don't love reading your post just that I love pictures. lol. Thanks for the post on my site!