Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Update

Dear Friends and Family,
Thank you for your prayers over the past few months already. They mean the world to me, and I have felt them.

Moreover, I have felt the peace of God that surpasses all understanding, as it has become more difficult to not just give up and book a flight home for Christmas. Each day that passes, I am falling even more in love with the Christmas story and what December 25th really signifies. I wonder what would happen if December 25th came and went one year without any Christmas lights, trees, fireworks, presents and loved ones to be around. Would we still remember and more importantly celebrate the birth of our Savior? I pray we would.

Don't worry. This is not how I will be spending my Christmas. I have lights up in my apartment, a Christmas tree, I hear they do fireworks ("artifici" in Romanian) here, I will soon be ordering some gifts online for family, and will be surrounded by brothers and sisters in Christ on that day. It is a new experience for me spending this time with new people, in a new place, making new memories. When I begin to even feel a hint of nostalgia, I meditate on the real reason that this time of year is special, and I challenge you to do the same.

As this year comes to an end, I would like to praise the Lord for getting me where I am. I'm thankful for the calling He has placed in my life, and for His faithfulness in fulfilling it. I praise Him for being with me day in and day out, and for the new level of intimacy with Him that He has brought me to already.

I would like to thank you again for supporting me in prayer. Moreover, I would like to thank those of you who have contributed this year to the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering. 100% of this offering goes towards the support of people like my colleagues and me all over this globe. This offering is our financial support and helps to provide housing, medical insurance, transportation, and education for those with children.

Merry Christmas, dear friends.

1 comment:

Krystal said...

Hey friend! I tagged you! Merry Christmas!