Monday, October 6, 2008

September Prayer Update

Dear Prayer Partners,

Orientation is over and for the next few days I’m back in Dallas. I apologize for the “lateness” of getting this out to you all, but I appreciate all of your prayers. I have only nine days left in Dallas before I head to Romania.

Orientation came to a close very quickly, but not quickly enough to keep me from getting the bug that went around. Fortunately I got only the mildest form of the 24-hour stomach bug. Aside from that, our commissioning service was a great ending to the two months we spent in sessions.

I would like to thank you for your prayers for my time at Orientation. It truly was a fruitful time of growing in knowledge and my walk with the Lord. I made some precious friendships that I’m sure will continue to grow during the next few years, simply based on the similarity of many of our situations. Thank you also for your prayers for my family. My parents travel a lot due to their job, but they are enjoying themselves. I’m excited to tell you that my sweet new niece, Sahara Xiomara Stamps was born on September 9 healthy and beautiful. Elisa’s labor and delivery went very smoothly. Thank you for praying for that.

As I prepare to get my life into a few suitcases and cross the Atlantic, I would ask you to pray for a few things.

-Please pray that the rest of my time in Dallas would be sweet spent with family and friends.

-Please pray that I would know what is essential for me to pack to take with me and what I won’t really need.

-Please pray that I would be able to fit what I’m taking into some suitcases and that I would not go over any weight limits when it comes time to check my bags

-Please pray for my travel on October 16th and 17th as I fly to Romania. Pray that I would adjust smoothly and quickly. I start language classes on the 20th and will be in class 12 hours a week (3 hours a day Monday thru Thursday).

Thank you again for your prayers. I love and appreciate each one of you.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Angela! it was so great seeing you on Sunday! I am praying...thanks for the update!
oh and i am so glad you got to hold that sweet niece of yours!