Wednesday, October 22, 2008

First almost-week in Bucharest...

Well, I'm but 48 hours from having been here a full week. It hasn't gone by too quickly, but it hasn't gone too slowly, either. Here are a few things that I can remember so far...
-Friday night I slept about 15 hours. It was great. Went to bed around 9 pm and got up at 12 noon on Saturday. It was beautiful.
-Saturday my supervisor's wife brought me to my apartment, where we met the people in our mission who love closest to me and have been taking care of getting my apartment set up. I walked with some people down to the nearest grocery store so I could have food in my home. I didn't sleep well Saturday night but oh well.
-Sunday I skipped out on church because of the jet lag and all that good stuff. I slept in once I finally got to sleep. That afternoon my colleague and his daughter took me on the metro and showed me my language school.
-Monday...I woke up late. First day of class. I think I'm doing pretty good in my language lessons, but after today's (Wednesday's) lesson my head felt like it was going to explode. I also got a SIM card for my cell phone so I now can communicate with people when I'm not at home.
-Tuesday I rode the metro by myself for the first time ever in my whole life. It wasn't bad since I had been shown already how to change lines and look at the signs and all that good stuff. I met my supervisor's wife at the metro stop nearest their house and she took me to IKEA where I was able to buy a duvet and duvet cover, some rugs, a blanket for my living room and a few things for my kitchen. It was a very successful shopping day. Then I went to class and learned numbers and time in Romanian.
-Wednesday (today) I went to class, my head about exploded, and I came home from class. Then, I went down to the internet office and got the internet turned on at my apartment so that I don't have to run up my phone bill using dial-up. And now I'm loving having fast internet in my apartment. :D.

Hopefully the rest of the week will be pretty chill. Right now, I'm off to see what I can muster up for supper and then homework. Woohoo.

Thanks for your prayers!
Love,
Ang

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey girl! So are you living alone temporarily or permanently? How do you feel about that? I'm glad you figured out the metro already. Love you sister!

Unknown said...

oh my goodness! well it seems like its been pretty eventful! i love your blog by the way, very trendy. :-) I am glad you are doing well and will continue to pray for you. love you ang!

elise said...

yay for ikea! yay for fast internet! i'm so glad your adjusting! miss you! i'll be praying that your head doesn't explode :) love you!