Thursday, October 9, 2008

PTL

So if you were with me for the last 2 months in VA, you heard me say several times that I left my parents in Guatemala and was not going to get to see them again before I hop the pond.

Well I for sure did not know what God had up His sleeve, because they are coming!!! Granted they won't arrive until 10:30 on the night before I leave, but I'm so excited. A couple of weeks were freed up in their travel schedule due to hurricane destruction in the Caribbean, and through a series of several experiments, my mom was able to find some super cheap airline tickets for them to come up! I'm talking the other day there was nothing under $700 a piece for them to come up, so they started looking in to taking a bus. That quickly was becoming very expensive, too. My mom doesn't give up, so she started experimenting with the travel days and times online. Finally she found tickets that totaled about $400 per person round trip...only $100 more for both of them to come up than it would have been for one of them to come up when she had been searching a few days ago!

I'm so excited and thankful that I'll get to see my mommy and daddy even if it's for less than 24 hours before I leave. Fortunately, I don't leave until the afternoon, so I'll have all morning with them.

No comments: