Tuesday, April 28, 2009

To get a better understanding of how my new job will work and what I'm getting myself into, check out my supervisor, Troy's blog: http://seekandsave1.blogspot.com/ .

I'm in Warsaw, Poland with my friend and it has been a beautiful day. I have officially decided that the Munich airport (in Germany), where I had a 3 hour layover, is one of my favorites so far. So calm and clean and easy to navigate. I have always been a proponent of "if you haven't left the airport, you haven't been there" and I stuck to my guns today. I didn't leave the Munich airport, but I was tempted to be a fake and buy a souveneir from the airport that I didn't leave. I abstained, and I'm proud of myself.

Kaylin took me to the pottery shop today where I indulged probably more than I should have. Fortunately, I was able to have what I bought shipped straight to the States, so I don't have to worry about getting it to Romania and then from Romania back to the States in a while.

Warsaw is much cleaner than Bucharest and I like what I've seen so far. I am glad, though, that I'm not trying to learn Polish. For example "drzwi" is pronounced "dgvee" and means doors. Who'da thunk? I'm just trying to figure out how on earth you pronounce a word that has four consonants and one vowell AT THE END OF THE WORD. I think I'll stick with Romanian for now....

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yeah, remind me never to try to learn Polish. Also, I'm so relieved that you got to have your pottery shipped home. I stressed over that when I read you were buying some breakable things. Have a great day!