Sunday, April 19, 2009

My New Assignment

Well I've kept you waiting long enough.

I first want to thank all of you for your fervent prayers for me. The Lord has certainly had His hand in my life so strongly since I have been here in Romania. He brought me through the Winter and Holiday Season, and has now given me the gift of witnessing the "pop" of Spring. He has allowed me to see some really beautiful places in Romania, and I can't wait to see more.

But for now, He has opened the door wide and is directing me to move to the city of Galati in the Eastern part of the country. I went there in January and fell in love with the ministry that is taking place there. There is a very gifted team there that has been working for about four years at trying to get a Cell church started. Well, it's finally really taking off and starting to slowly snowball, and there is opportunity for me to fit in and serve there.

For more details about what's going on out there you can click here. Basically I will be involved in evangelism and discipleship and my goal will be to get one good group running and training and discipling of a leader out of that group to start another group that will all be part of the cell church.

Thank you again for your prayers in this. I know that the Lord has great things planned for me in Galati. I'm going out there tomorrow (Monday) morning for a couple of days. I will help the girls I'm moving in with to look for an apartment as well as to get some thing settled for a group that is coming for 3 weeks who will be working in a city close to Galati. I'll be back in Bucharest on Wednesday to pack up my things and get ready to move. I will then be leaving to attend a retreat in Poland for about a week and as soon as I get back I will move to Galati.

Once I'm moved, I will be living with four sisters who have had to learn to lean on eachother. This will be a welcome change from living alone for the last six months. I know that there will be challenging days, but I also know that I will learn a lot. Click here to read about one of these sisters. I am humbled that the Lord has given me the opportunity to provide a little bit extra support to them.

Thank you again for your prayers and for keeping up with me. I appreciate all of you so much and want you to know that your prayers have meant the world to me. It seems my adventure is just beginning.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Angela, we got to be at First Irving this morning. It was not the same being there without seeing you! I did, however, get to meet your beautiful niece and see your bro and sis-in-law. I also go to visit with Janet and she updated me on your situation. I am so excited for you and very relieved that you will no longer be living alone in a foreign country! I can't wait to see what God has in store for you in this new town. I love you, dear one!

Ashley said...

Angela,

It's great to hear how God is moving you. I'm excited to see what is going to happen. I think it will be very good for you, as well, to live in a community. It will be different I'm sure, but I think it will be a good change.

Looking forward to see how God is going to use you!

The Self Cottage said...

got your email, we are praying! don't kick yourself...you are a busy woman! so excited to hear of the transition- the Lord will do mighty things through your obedience to Him! just got finished reading deut. 30 and it makes me think of you! He will prosper you! Love, L