Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's been a long time....again.....

So here’s another long over-due update. I don’t know where to start, but I guess I have to start somewhere.

The team from North Greenville University is long gone, except one girl who had asked if she could stay on a few weeks. Those guys did an amazing job and were troopers in Braila introducing the National Bible Reading Campaign to the streets of that city. God truly opened doors there and now workers are needed there to follow up on the contacts that were made.

After a series of events and conversations with various people, I decided it would be better for me to come back to Bucharest and pray for a ministry to become involved in. I have found that I became so frustrated with waiting and dissatisfied with where God had me that I sought another option. I didn’t have peace about it from the very beginning, but went ahead with the plan to move to Galati because I was so frustrated here in Bucharest. Why I didn’t have peace about it, I have no idea. Only God knows. I was raised to obey God and to do what I believe He has for me, and a way of discerning this has been to make the decisions I have peace about. I have peace about being back in Bucharest, so I guess it’s all right.

So after 3 nights in Galati and 3 weeks in Braila with the group, I decided to come back to Bucharest with a fresh start, a new perspective, and no expectations. I have found that every one of my colleagues here in Bucharest are in the same boat. Trying to find their niche, exactly what it is that their ministry will look like while trying to dodge the distractions that the devil is sending our way.

I apologize for not updating sooner, as I’ve been back in town for almost three weeks. I just haven’t been inspired and really haven’t sat down to try and put in to words what I have experienced in the last six weeks.

On Sunday evening, all of my colleagues in all of Central and Eastern Europe and myself will meet together in Greece for a week of meetings, worship, and fellowship with each other. At this time, I will sit down with a few people and try to come up with what the next half of my term will look like. Please pray that I would have clearness of thought, that I would seek Him first, and that I would trust the Lord to speak to me and those with whom I will meet clearly and precisely about this decision. My heart desires to be available to take some of the load off some of my colleagues that would help their lives be a little bit easier. I also want to be actively involved in a ministry, and the beginnings of something will be happening this Fall.

Above all, I know that He is in control, He is sovereign, and He sees all of my days. I know that He will take care of me and He knows what is in store for me.

After a week of meetings, I’m taking vacation with a couple of friends. We will be spending a couple of days in Athens, 2 nights on an overnight ferry to and from Crete, and 3 nights in Crete. I am so stinking excited about this opportunity to relax and see something new. You can for sure count on seeing pictures of that trip. Please pray that we will be safe as we travel, and that we will be wise in every decision that we make.

Oh and I just remembered I still haven’t posted photos from my trip to Poland. That will be very soon. Hopefully by the end of this week I will do that.

Last thing, I have not had internet service now for more than a week, and don’t have any word on when it will be repaired. I’m thankful for a dial-up connection that allows me to check the essentials and make a post on my blog. Sometimes when I have this internet problem, I think maybe we would have been better off if Mr. Gore never even invented the internet, because then we wouldn’t know what we were missing! Just kidding. But not really.

Have a blessed week.

2 comments:

The Whites said...

Enjoyed your update! Hope you have a great time with your friends on the trip. Enjoy yourself!!

Anonymous said...

Angela--I am glad you are back in Bucharest. I wanted to know what church you go to. I am coming to Bucharest in October and wanted to go as well as bring my aunt there. She is a lonely old widower and not saved. I hope to introduce her to God's people. There are SO many desperate people in Bucharest. I know you will shine a light on their despair. Don't give up! God Bless you. Gigi Donovan (Julie's Mom) Email-- gigid@mindspring.com