Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

I just wanted to take a little bit to wish my dad and my grandfathers a very Happy Father's Day! For those who read my blog and don't know this, I am the third generation in my family to do what I am doing now. Both of my sets of grandparents are retired from the field, and my mom and dad have been on for 23 years and are still going strong...

Daddy, I love how passionate you are about storying and am so proud of the way that you have influenced the way that some people do ministry. I know that it has not been easy over the last many years, but also know that you are gifted in what you do and God has blessed your efforts. Thank you for being an example to Tim and me over the years and for teaching us to trust and obey the Lord. I love you!

Grandpa (Stanley), I can rarely be in the same room with any Baptist from Ecuador, Honduras or Mississippi where someone knows my last name and doesn't ask me if I'm related to you. Every time, I proudly reply, "Yes, he's my grandfather!" I'm thankful for the many years you put in to ministry and for the example that you are to all of your children and grandchildren of serving God. I love you!

Grandaddy (Ray), Many times, people also know that I'm your grand-daughter, and I'm proud to say that I am. You are a wonderful example of taking care of yourself and your family, working hard, and enjoying life and living it to the fullest. You know how to make people laugh and enjoy themselves, too. You are a Godly man and a great leader. I love you!

No comments: