Saturday, March 7, 2009

Update...

What can I say?

I have not had too much going on the last couple of weeks that has been worth reporting. I was sick for about a week and am now better. The weather was bad the week I was sick, so it wasn't too miserable to stay home. Besides, being sick really throws me off my groove, so it's taken me a while to get back on track here. Hopefully next week I will have more to report.

I guess mostly I want to thank you all for your continued prayers. I will get details about the ski retreat I asked you to pray for and update you on that as soon as I can.

Please pray specifically for a couple of things over this month. Two families who have been here in Bucharest for many years are packing up their homes and following the Lord back to the States. Please pray for the transition for these families. One of them is the family of my supervisor since I got here. Pray for their kids as they transition back to life in the States and back into the school system there. Much of the reasons that both of these families are making the transition back is health-related. Please pray that the Lord will place them in the care of qualified physicians who will be able to help them along back to restored health.

Please also pray for a family that lives in another part of the country who will be leaving this Summer. They also have children, so pray for their transition back to the States, as well.

Please pray for each of these families that the Lord would guide them to the life He has for them back in the States. Pray that He will restore them physically, emotionally, and spiritually upon their return as they need.

I have had several good weeks without any major meltdowns. This is a good thing for me. I am thankful for the Lord's constant provision of comfort from His Word. Only He gets me through every minute of every day. I have learned that utter and total abandonment to dependence on Him is the only way I am ever going to make it. But you know, it's a relief to know that He can handle it and I don't have to.

I know this is like a bunch of random statements, but I really just wanted to type my heart to you tonight. Thank you again for your faithful and fervent prayers for me. Now that Spring is coming, I plan to get out and take more pictures so that you all can see more of where I live, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

PTL for several weeks with no major meltdowns! I will be thankful when I can say the same. Love you!

Monica said...

Praying for the MKs who are heading back to the States. They are always on my heart as I pray for folks serving around the world. What an incredible calling on a family! I know it's such a journey. So glad God's called you to this place. It sounds like you're doing great. I'm praying for you!