Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It's time I be up front with you...

I don't even know where to start.

Some nights I have been awake sobbing into my pillow for hours. On these nights I have been lied to by the Devil himself that I am all alone. It has only been when I have truly turned to the comfort of the One who says "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you" that I have been able to calm down and rest in His grace. Each time, His promises are loud and clear in my heart, I lean on them and trust Him, and He fulfills them.

Some days I have asked what on earth I am doing here. Since arriving, many circumstances have led me to asking myself, and God, this question. Sometimes it is a sense of lack of purpose here. Other days it is an intense longing to be with dear family and friends again. Each time, though, He has said, "Be still and know that I am God." I have no choice but to trust Him.

I have been able to meet some great people and observe a couple of ministries, but since being in Bucharest, I have not become attached to any one thing in particular. This has left me very discouraged at times, but again, I have had no choice but to trust Him and His perfect plan, even though I don't know what tomorrow may hold. I know that this has all been a part of His plan for me here. I have had many opportunities to grow in my walk with Jesus. I believe He has purposed these past five and a half months for this exact reason. He becomes More to me every single day.

I believe that what I am about to share with you has been in His purpose all along for me to come to this place of complete dependence on Him.

In prayer and seeking purpose for my time here in Romania, I have wondered if I was too hasty in taking this job simply because the Lord had made it crystal clear that He had placed Romania on my heart before I even started the Journeyman process. There has been a twinge of doubt. But this last weekend, the Lord again faithfully confirmed that He has me here for a purpose. He has opened the door for me to participate in an amazing ministry that is going on here in Romania. Ever since experiencing just a taste of this ministry back in January, I have been drawn to it. I really fell in love with what is being done, and cannot wait to get started.

I will give more details as time goes on, but please keep me in your prayers. I feel I have a new energy and a confirmed purpose here in Romania. Who knew even a week ago that I would not have a doubt that I am right where He wants me.

I'm about to make this post twice as long, but I can't leave you without sharing some pictures of my recent trip to the mountains. I went back to the town of Sinaia, and this time got to tour the castle there. I went with 2 American girls (one who lives here in Bucharest and one who was visiting from the States) and 2 Romanian girls who are sisters.

A monastery...


On the way to the castle...

Yep, a castle...


A mural painted on the walls inside the courtyard...

...And what you've all bee waiting for, the castle in all her glory!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Ang, thanks for being up front with us. I will get on my knees for you right now. I look forward to hearing more about this ministry you're joining up with! Love you!

Monica said...

Oh sweet girl...I spent much time crying while I was in Nica. I knew what my ministry was, but I was so lonely and very much believed the lies of the enemy when he told me I was a failure. At times I didn't know if I could go on doing the thing I was so sure God had called me to do.

I'm praying for you. Remember the One who has called you to this place is faithful. He has exceedingly abundantly more than you could ever ask or imagine in store. I'm so proud of you!

I can't wait to hear about your new ministry opportunity!!

elise said...

Love, i'm so encouraged by your post. I've been praying for you so much, and it's so awesome that the Lord has proven himself faithful to you. Waiting is probably one of the hardest things we face, but He is always faithful! I cannot wait to hear more about this ministry and how the Lord is working. I love you so much! Praying for you.

Murrell Family said...

I have been thinking about you so much and then found your blog. I will be praying for you...that the Lord would remind you daily that His plans have you in Romania. I am so excited to hear about the ministry you have been drawn to. I love you!

Janelle and Ella said...

Angela, I read this post a couple of weeks ago and saved it as new on my bloglines and have been meaning to come back to comment.
Thank you for being upfront and letting us know exactly how we can pray. I hate that you have had some emotional struggles while there. But so glad that you feel a new energy and Peace where you are.
I'm VERY excited about your new ministry that you are grabbing hold of and am excited to hear more about it. I will be praying for this.
Love you!