Sunday, September 21, 2008

Shopping Fun...

Yesterday a group of us went down to Willamsburg to the outlet mall there. I didn't plan on getting anything, but when I saw these things and their prices, I knew it was meant to be. I did it only because it was like an act of God. He truly does not want me to freeze during my first real Winter ever...

I found the only pair of snow boots in the women's section of L.L. Bean right in my size. Turns out they are technically men's shoes, but the price was right ($100...they were on sale, people!), they fit perfectly, and I have since learned they are REALLY GOOD snow boots.

I also found an UnderArmour outlet which had base layers on sale, also! Praise the Lord! I will not freeze in Romania! Each item was $30, so I bought two pants and two shirts...and on top of that, since I was spending over $100 in that store, I got a 10% discount! I was really excited about that, too.

The third item that I found were some socks made out of something called smartwool. They are pretty much the best socks ever. They have different intensities of cushion for different activities. I just got the medium cushion for hiking, even though I'll wear them around town under my amazing new snow boots. I figure they'll work. Oh yeah, and they were a really good price, too... $7.95/pair, which normally I would not pay that much for socks, but their usual prices run close to $10-15 a pop.

So there you have it. I will not freeze in Romania. Praise the Lord.....Now if I can only figure out how to get this all back to Dallas without having to pay an arm and a leg for overweight luggage...

No comments: